By Migrage News |
The 4 winners were commended for their exemplary work to help newcomers find and retain jobs, and to enhance their employment skills. These organizations have taken exceptional steps to welcome and value newcomers entering the labour market, and to support their overall settlement and integration in Canada.
The 2020 winners are:
- Glen Haven Manor-New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
- KPMG in Canada-Toronto, Ontario
- MUFG Fund Services Ltd.-Halifax, Nova Scotia
- White Hat Drycleaners and Commercial Laundry-Campbell River, British Columbia
Minister Mendicino made the announcement at the 2020 Employer Council of Champions Summit and Awards, organized by Hire Immigrants Ottawa. The summit brings together business, government and civic leaders to engage in a dialogue about the effective integration of refugees and immigrants into the labour force, and to celebrate employer excellence.
“I am so pleased with the outstanding efforts these organizations have made to ensure that their newcomer employees feel welcome and have the support they need to realize their full potential in Canada. Settlement and integration is a 2-way street, and these employers recognize that they have a role to play in helping newcomers maximize their potential and contribute to Canada’s economy and society in a meaningful way.”
– The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship